Lynda.com - guide for Staff
2 Login to Lynda.com step by step
How to register with Lynda.com (for the first time)
This guide will assist current UC staff members to register and login to Lynda.com. Existing Lynda.com subscribers will also be able to use this guide however please pay close attention to step (#4).
Steps to login:
- Click on the Register/Login button which will redirect you to UC's Single Sign On page.
- Enter your User ID and password (the same ID and password that you use to login to MyUC)
- Choose your information release settings (if this option is available)
The next two steps (4 & 5) refer to those who have not logged into Lynda.com through UC's Single-Sign-On engine for the first time.
- Did you have an existing account prior to the SSO migration?* - search for and migrate your existing account to your new SSO account. If not you can continue to the next step after answering "no, I have never had an account"
- Complete your Lynda.com profile
- Start your Lynda.com journey.
* All Lynda.com accounts that are not accessed through UC's SSO will be removed from the University's subscription by the end of Semester 1, 2017
Further explanation of each of the above steps are listed below with images:
(1.) Click on the Register/Login button which will redirect you to UC's Single Sign On page.
(2.) Enter your User ID and password (the same ID and password that you use to login to MyUC)
(3.) Choose your information release settings
Acknowledge and confirm your information release settings. (Do not see this page? this may be due to you previously accepting your information release settings when logging into the SSO engine previously. If you have any concerns please contact email@example.com
(4.) Did you have an existing account prior to the SSO migration? - search for and migrate your existing account to your new SSO account
(5.) Complete your Lynda.com profile
You will then be asked to complete your profile by applying additional attributes to your profile. This will help us to better understand the usage of Lynda.com by our UC patrons.
(6.) Start your Lynda.com journey.
Once you have created a profile, you will need to login to Lynda.com using your username and password to access training videos. (You can direct your students to the Lynda.com Library Guide for login information)