Developing as a researcher
A series workshops and seminars on all aspects of research (statistics, writing, data...) is organised every semester. All sessions are free for UC staff and research students, but you will need to register via http://www.canberra.edu.au/research/researcher-development/education-program/program-registration
Research integrity for higher degree by research candidates
Research candidates are required to complete research integrity training before confirmation of candidature*. Candidates who did their confirmation of candidature are also encouraged to complete research integrity training. If your confirmation seminar is scheduled before 31 October 2016, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss the best option and timeline for you to complete the training.
- Self-paced online training modules: The materials on the Research Integrity Moodle site have been created by an organisation called Epigeum in collaboration with universities around the world and are designed to provide you with an understanding of responsible research practices. Candidates are required to achieve 80% or higher in an online discipline-relevant quiz to complete the requirements for the milestone.
- Face-to-face workshops:The workshop is designed to align with the course materials on the Moodle site. The workshop can be attended before working through the training modules.The schedule of face-to-face workshops is available on the UC ReD events calendar.
- Candidates who have significant research experience and knowledge of integrity issues are able to complete a Research Integrity Self-Assessment Exercise (RISAE) quiz before completing any of the training modules or attending a face-to-face workshop. Candidates who achieve 80% or higher in the RISAE quiz are not required to complete any further research integrity training.
- To enrol in the Research Integrity Moodle
- Click the link below and follow prompt to login to Moodle (using your ID and password).
- The InterFace page will appear, click ‘continue to Moodle’ on the right of the screen to navigate to the Research Integrity for graduate researchers Moodle enrolment page.
- Click ADD ME TO THIS SITE to enrol.
- Research Integrity Moodle: http://learnonline.canberra.edu.au/course/view.php?id=16623
- For more information on research integrity, academic integrity and ethics for graduate researchers, see here.
Other opportunities for skills training
- Formal coursework to audit. To find relevant units check units Course Search
- Faculty seminars and workshops. It is important to attend activities organised within your Faculty/Research Centre. Make sure you are informed about what is going on. You may also want to have a look at what other Faculties are organising.
- Workshops organised at University level through UC-ReD, the Researcher Development Program. Notes form sessions are posted on the Research Development Program Moodle site. Workshops are advertised via email. If you do not receive emails about workshop and would like to do so, contact Graduate Research and Researcher Development .
- Your Faculty Liaison Librarian. Liaison librarians provide support and training to academic staff, researchers and postgraduate students.
- Free online courses offered through Moocs such as Coursera, Harvard edX, Lynda (UC supported - focuses on technical skills), open2study, Stanford Online. Check also the Free Online course page on the Good Universities website.
- Opportunities are also available at the many Canberra public institutions. Check out what happens at the National Library, the National Archives, the Australia Bureau of Statistics and even at the Australian National University or the University of New South Wales in Canberra.
- The University of Canberra is member of ACSPRI, Australian Consortium for Social and Political Research Incorporated. This enables access to courses they organise.
- UC events such as the 3 Minute Thesis Competition or the Pitch for Funds Competition can help develop presentation skills.
- Teaching and tutoring opportunities, facilitation of workshops
- Teaching and learning support activities are very useful if you plan to do some teaching and want to become an academic
|Discussion||Started by||Group||Replies||Last post|
|Workshops in April: Mendeley, SPSS, GIS, Ethics, Writing||Joelle Vandermensbrugghe||0||Joelle Vandermensbrugghe
Wed, 30 Mar 2016, 2:27 PM